Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Horny Toad offers its delivery service within UK mainland subject to the conditions below:
● Our postage rates are £2.99 for small parcels and £5.50 for medium parcels and £6.99 for large parcels. This includes most mainland UK destinations but does not include the UK postcodes PH17-26, HS, KA27-28, KW, PA20-49, AB30-56, PA60-78, IV, PH30-50, ZE, The Isle of Man (IM), the Isles of Scilly (TR21-25) and Northern Ireland (BT). Please contact us for quotes for these detinations – any order placed without prior contact may be delayed and we will contact you advising you of the problem.
● Most parcels are placed into the Royal Mail on a First Class 24 hour service, some larger items are placed onto an economy carrier, and delivery may take three to four days. All livefood orders are placed in the Royal Mail on a 24 hour First Class service.
● We send out Monday to Friday for all dry goods, but do not send livefood on Friday. If you order livefood on a Friday and wish to have it sent that day at your own risk please contact us to advise, otherwise it will leave us the following Monday. All orders received after 2pm will likely be sent the following day – even so we will do our best to send the same day up to 4pm. This can be regarded as an anticipated next day delivery service, but due to the delivery service being out of our control we cannot guarantee it. Sometimes, things do go wrong during the delivery process and we will take no responsibility nor liability in respect of any loss due late delivery. Any known problems that may cause late arrival we will contact you to advise.
● Sometimes we may have to ship items direct from a supplier, normally this doesn't cause a delay. We will advise the day of order should this be the case.
● We send livefood orders out into the postal service from Monday to Thursday to ensure food arrives fresh. Please order before 2pm for next day delivery on livefoods. During exceptionally cold weather, we may temporarily withhold orders to ensure food arrives alive. Unlike many other on-line retailers we want total control of our quality of livefood, and send direct from our own premises.
● Horny Toad denies any liability for any consequential loss caused by damaged or faulty items, delay in dispatch or delays by carriers. We cannot accept any liability involving third party couriers (Royal Mail included) and would advise that you should not make arrangements for any form of installation or connected works relying on delivery of items until you are in receipt of your order.
For you information; The Royal Mail and most courier companies will attempt to delivery your parcel (or parcels) only once – sometimes twice (A card should be posted at each unsuccessful delivery attempt, but this is out of our control). Any parcel (or parcels) not successfully delivered the local sorting office / depot for collection by yourself. This may result in you visiting to collect the parcel yourself. The Royal Mail will only keep the parcel (or parcels) for three weeks, and then return to us. If we have replaced a parcel (or parcels) that you have not collected we reserve the right to recover the costs of postage and (especially for livefood) the cost of the goods ordered. It is your responsibility to check with your sorting office or depot as sometimes the delivery man doesn't leave a card. Also check with your neighbours. We endeavour to help in every case of missing parcels, but invariably they do turn up at the sorting office / depot or with a neighbour!
By placing an order you are indicating you have accepted the above delivery Terms and Conditions.
Here at Coast to Coast Exotics the Horny Toad wants you to be happy – very happy! For that reason we offer a 60 days “cooling off” period, if for any reason you decide the item is not what you require, and its in perfect, as new condition (including all packaging, instructions etc) you can return it to us within 60 days of receipt. This is conditional to you informing us first before returning any item. You can contact us at email@example.com or write to us at Coast to Coast Exotics, Horny Toad Mail order, 122-124 North Road, Darlington, County Durham, Dl1 2EJ. Failure to do so may result in the termination of this offer and any extra costs will then be met by yourself. Obviously our extended returns policy does not affect your statutory rights, but it is at our own discretion.
We will meet the cost of all returns up to the cost of £4.00 for larger parcels, and £3.00 for small parcels. Contact us first for advice and the best service to use, we may refuse to pay over those amounts if prior authorisation from ourselves has not been given. Any form of recorded or special delivery is not required, but we do insist on you obtaining proof of postage in case your return goes missing on route. All returned goods must be securely packaged to avoid any damage to the item or its packaging – remember we cannot accept the return unless its 100% in the same condition you received it.
All products that carry a manufacturers warranty can be returned directly to us, unless the manufacturers instructions indicate otherwise. All presumed faulty products returned will be tested, and also checked for security marks (all electrical items are security marked before the leave our premises) – once we know it is the item we supplied, and indeed faulty we can process the return and replace. However, if the returned presumed faulty item is found to be working correctly we reserve the right to charge £17 to cover costs. The item will be returned, at the customers own cost.
We endeavour to process all returns within seven days, but we reserve the right to exceed this period under some circumstances. We also reserve the right to charge a 10% handling fee for restocking and handling should this be necessary.
None of these terms and conditions affect your statutory rights, and by placing an order, reporting a returns issue you are accepting said terms and conditions.
We have grown our business, over the last 20 years completely on good quality, friendly service based on how we would like to be treated ourselves. In the unlikely even of you needing to make a complaint please contact me, Kevin Stevens (Managing Director) on 01325 283756 / info/coasttocoast.co.uk or Coast to Coast Exotics Ltd, 122-124 North road, Darlington, County Durham, DL1 2EJ.
Pricing Policies, Promotions and Special Offers on our website
Due to the current trading climate we have differing prices on various platforms to reflect the running of costs of each platform. For example, our on-line store prices are different to our bricks and mortar store in Darlington. We cannot honour the various pricing structures except for the platform you have placed the order with. However, we may consider, at our bricks and mortar store allowing the same prices, including an equal handling fee as the post and packing, for collection at our store in Darlington. You will need to contact us prior to travelling to ensure we can do this for you.
The total price payable will be stipulated at the time when you place your order. However we reserve the right to make necessary adjustments to reflect any increase in our supplier's prices, or the imposition of any taxes or duties. This also includes any errors or omissions to the price published. We will inform you of the error / omission and the correct price and give you the opportunity to cancel the order. Until dispatch of goods by Coast to Coast Exotics Ltd to the buyer or (in writing) the buyer's acceptance of any quotation of the seller (whichever shall first occur) no contract for the sale of goods shall arise between the two parties. All prices on our website are inclusive of VAT but exclusive of delivery charges – these will be payable as indicated during the checkout procedure.
From time to time we run various promotions with coupon or voucher codes. These promotions are unique to the platform they are intended for, and are not inter-transferable between platforms – for example an issued code for www.coasttocoast.co.uk is not compatible at our bricks and mortar store in Darlington. Terms and conditions will be issued with each code, and of course the code will need to be entered and accepted by our systems at the point of sale. No retrospective coupon promotions will be accepted. All coupon and voucher codes are date sensitive, and cannot be honoured after expiry.
We also, occasionally offer free prizes in competitions (but not limited to). These free prizes / gifts are limited to what is offered and is not transferable in any form – including between selling platforms. If the free item is linked to the purchase of another item, and later you decide to return the purchased item we require the free item be returned, or payment to the full RRP of the free item. We reserve the right to substitute any offers, including free prizes / gifts / offers with another item of a similar value.
All orders can only be sent to the address on the checkout form, including free gifts / prizes.
Other Terms & Conditions
● It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that the goods purchased are suitable for the purpose intended. Coast to Coast Exotics gives no assurance as to the mutual compatibility of any products sold on a single transaction. Advice sought by and given by Coast to Coast Exotics in this respect cannot be relied upon by the customer and is not guaranteed by Coast to Coast Exotics.
● All images on our site are for illustration purposes only. Product images may differ from the actual product, this includes product and packaging. Extra items or props are for illustrative purposes are not included in the sale price advertised.
We take Data protection very seriously. Data will only be used to process orders. We will never sell or share any customer information.
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now UK law. The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment so that it doesn't not end up in landfill sites. The regulations means that Coast to Coast Exotics must allow consumers to return their waste electrical equipment free of charge on a like-for-like basis.
How can you tell which product is WEEE?Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol shown below:
This symbol shows that products were produced after 13th August 2005, and need to be disposed of separately from normal household waste so that they can be recycled.
How long have I got?
Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item.
How do I use the 'Take-back' scheme?
If you bought your new item in our bricks and mortar store;
Simply bring your like-for-like item into our Coast to Coast Exotics at the address below. Hand it over to our staff advising them you want to use the 'take-back' service. Show your receipt of purchase for your new item.
If you bought your new item online;
Simply package up your like-for-like item. Put in the post with your receipt to the following address;
Coast to Coast Exotics
Horny Toad WEEE Take back
122-124 North Road
For large or heavy items please contact customer services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01325 283756 and we can arrange collection of your item.
Alternatively you can recycle any waste electrical or electronic item at your local WEEE recycling depot, for full details please contact your local authority or visit www.recycle-more.co.uk